I'll preface this with "I'm not Indian" but...

I must admit, the whole comic screams gross caraciture, and not terribly
funny to boot.  That being said, userfriendly ceased being entertaining (at
least to me) about 3 years ago.

By design though, I understand Illiad's need to yank in the generalizations
for an attempt at comedic effect -- he works in a medium that falls back on
such conventions regularly. In some respects, particularly in the case of
the three-panel daily comic, I think you need to employ caricature and
generalization to hit the succinct punchline at the end of the third panel.
That India (and to a lesser extent, Indians, are the brunt of this
particular thread) seem only to serve the current story arc, and I'm not
sure it'd be fair to extrapolate ignorance of India(ns) to the creator (and
even less so, to the comics' readership).

Given that, I'm curious, in an 'across-the-pond' sort of way -- do you ask
the same questions (or generate the same 'datasets' that Bonobashi did) --
regarding Indian comics that exaggerate or generalize about the U.S. or
Canada (or anywhere considered "away" for that matter)?

Carey