****

> P.S. It really bothers me that it took eight paragraphs to explain how I
> feel about this, and then quite poorly, with a fair bit of handwaving.

It may bother YOU, ams, but I think that was a very articulate piece of
writing, hand-waving or not. It sort of crystallized, for me, why I don't
feel comfortable with pseudonyms unless I take the effort to know the person
behind it. I think that dates me.

However, that said, as long as one person continues to use the same
psuedonym, the personality and general range of opinions and views does come
through over a period of time, and a "picture" of that person is built
up....like all pictures, sometimes accurate, sometimes not.

And U, I don't see any re-introductions....!

Thanks, ams!

Deepa.