On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 17:18, Dr. John Marshall Johnson
<johnso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Indian citizens, especially the majority group are getting
> smarter, they preferred congress because they have started
> to realise that this party's (unlike others) democracy rests
> upon the principles of majority rule in addition to appeasement
> of minorities. So, peace and better economy in the long run.

While I don't think the majority of the people in India (but probably
holds true across most parts of the globe) vote on cross-national
issues, nor on ideological standpoints, I think the point you are
making is very interesting.  It reminds me a lot of the Rawlsian
vision of liberalism, especially the difference principle (numerically
2(b) in his two principles of justice):

    1. Each person has an equal claim to a fully adequate scheme of
equal basic rights and liberties, which scheme is compatible with the
same scheme for all; and in this scheme the equal political liberties,
and only those liberties, are to be guaranteed their fair value.

    2. Social and economic inequalities are to satisfy two conditions:
(a) They are to be attached to positions and offices open to all under
conditions of fair equality of opportunity; and (b), they are to be to
the greatest benefit of the least advantaged members of society.
(Rawls 1993, pp. 5-6. The principles are numbered as they were in
Rawls' original A Theory of Justice.)

More
at:<http://plato.stanford.edu/archives/spr2007/entries/justice-distributive/#Difference>