> On Friday 21 Aug 2009 12:29:32 pm Supriya Nair wrote:
>Surely (electronic) cremation is gaining popularity
>because it's less of a bother on several levels than
>burial?

Its *electric* unless of course someone has invented something new using
electronics. Considering the energy needed to do that it will still be
electrical.

IMHO we should discourage all forms of cremation simply due to the energy(fuel)
wasted in converting what is essentially bio-degradable waste into pollutants
which harm the environment. (rivers included)

Just think of the potential accidents that can occur (ash inhalation in case
the urn fell somewhere).

> The USP of cremation is that it dos not require the
>reservation of real  eastate for your rotten remains
>for years after you are dead.

OTOH we could invent some shredder which converts it all into some sort of
mincemeat which can be safely converted into fertilizer or something.

Lukhman.