Thaths wrote:

> FWIW, Searching for [www] in Google shows Yahoo
> as the first hit (i.e.the "I'm Feeling Lucky" hit).
> This may not be the yahoo toolbar in action,
> but the browser trying to be intelligent.

Strange as it sounds, I guess that may, indeed, be the answer.

I wish software didn't "try to be intelligent" and do all sorts of stupid things that aren't always easy to tweak or override.

This is becoming interesting, thank you, because I am learning things that I didn't know.

(Anyhow I have checked, I have no yahoo settings in my browser, or other such plugins etc. The bug must be somewhere else. Probably this nonsense would have never started if they hadn't unnecessarily added "www" to the url).

Cheers

Giancarlo