I posted the below on facebook, but I also figured that silk has a large
population of past and present employees of both companies referenced
below. What do you folks think?
_

Interesting. I am almost reminded of Yahoo's early 00s attempt to be all
things to all people. Can google pull this off?

http://www.cnet.com/8301-19736_1-10425187-251.html

We knew it was coming, but we had to wait for Google to spill the news
before we could talk about it with authority. And the company did so
Tuesday morning at a press conference at the Googleplex in Mountain
View, Calif.

As expected, the Nexus One is a new Google Android phone that offers an
inside designed by Google and an outside designed by HTC. According to
Google's Mario Queiroz, the Nexus One is a "super phone" where the Web
meets the cell phone. "It's an exemplar of what mobile phones can do
with Android," he said. The handset will be available first for GSM
carriers like T-Mobile, but a Verizon version will follow.

Though its slim (0.45 inch), lightweight (4.58 ounces) touch-screen
design doesn't stand out from the current Android crowd, it offers a
loaded feature set with a few notable offerings, including a 1Ghz
Snapdragon processor.

The primary interface is a 3.7-inch AMOLED display with five
customizable home screens. The Nexus One runs the Android 2.1 OS and the
WVGA display can show 3G graphics. The trackball below the display lets
you navigate menus, but also lights up to alert you to new messages.
We're pleased that HTC added a 3.5mm headset jack.

As described by Erick Tseng, Google's senior product manager for the
Nexus One project, the feature set includes everything you'd expect from
an Android phone and adds a couple of unique goodies. Inside you'll find
a GPS with Google Maps and turn-by-turn navigation, an accelerometer, a
virtual keyboard, a light sensor for adjusting the display to save
battery power, a proximity sensor, a compass, a 5-megapixel camera with
a LED flash, Wi-Fi, a new media gallery interface with access to Picassa
and YouTube, Facebook access, and stereo Bluetooth. Tethering and
multitouch are not yet supported and app storage will be limited to the
512MB of internal memory.

The Nexus One will be the first Android handset to offer noise
cancellation, with two microphones (one on the bottom of the handset and
one on back) that will adjust the volume level according to the
background noise in your environment. It also delivers more voice
command options than existing Android handsets. Among other things,
you'll be able to update your Facebook status, compose a text, and
search the new Android Google Earth app using only your voice.

<snip>