On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Kiran K Karthikeyan <
kiran.karthike...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Having seen people burn out, and one former employee of a company I
> used to work for being admitted to a mental institution due to stress
> and not getting enough sleep, I try and get at least 6-7 hours of
> sleep daily, though it is irregular sometimes.

In a sort of related note:

My last two apartments in India had the convenience of being centrally
located, but were also smack in the middle of busy neighborhoods with
deafening levels of noise pollution day or night. My energy levels shot up
dramatically any time I went traveling, when ensconced in quieter hotel
rooms I finally slept peacefully. But the difference was really palpable
when I finally moved to a quieter apartment and had the time to recover over
a few months.

Needless to say I no longer tolerate noise even if it means making
compromises on where I can live.

Cheeni