--- On Tue, 23/3/10, J. Alfred Prufrock <another.prufr...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: J. Alfred Prufrock <another.prufr...@gmail.com>
Subject: [silk] Mockingbird, Brooklyn etc.
To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
Date: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010, 11:06

Changed the title line because I think we've exhausted our vitriol on the Enron
stooge (A. Roy merits a sad sigh, not vitriol)

I have a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird (alas, a new one) but I would love to
find copies of

- A Tree grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
- 84 Charing Cross Road,  Helen Hanff (I think)
- Onions in the Stew, Betty Macdonald (not even available on Amazon)
- Scruffy,  Paul Gallico (much better than the slightly forced Mrs. Harris
stories, not that those weren't good in their day and age)

Any pointers?

J.A.P.

Forgive me for continuing to labour a dead horse - this will be the last time,
I promise.

A. Roy, like everybody else, deserves treatment on merit, not a pre-selected
response ready to jump out of the box on demand.

That is what that bloody review was, a clumsily put together bunch of
prejudices and locker-room mental calisthenics masquerading as art criticism.

I hate a bad hatchet job.