Suresh -

lots of Kipling.

I missed that in the post. Kipling is a favourite, and I find *Stalky
& Co.*one of the best boys' books ever.

"Sir Richard Burton's "The Arabian Nights". Complete and unexpurgated."
Where can I get it?!

"Westerns by Louis L'Amour"
The only Western writer I really liked, even though he does recycle
essentially the same plot over and over again. But then, its a trope. *
Stagecoach*, for example, neatly encapsulates all the standard Western
stereotypes, plus a happy-ending version of Maupassant's *Boul de Suif*.

--
J. Alfred Prufrock

"Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
I do not know whether a man or a woman
- But who is that on the other side of you?"