On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 08:05:11PM +0530, Deepa Mohan wrote:

> An assumption that a viewpoint opposed to yours is "nonsense" is, indeed,
> patronizing and flawed.

The question is what cost is associated with both outcomes.

Sometimes, the cost of keeping an open mind is just too high.
(And I don't mean the brain going splat on the pavement).

>   And I agree with all those comments down below, which point out what's
> wrong with the chatbot way of handling criticism, denial and negation.

The real problem is that the idiots are too many. And they're winning.

P.S. Nevermind that the real problem is that we're no longer able
to get at all the nonrenewable organics we need, so the climate
change deniers are barking up at least two wrong trees.