On Wednesday 19 January 2011 09:00 PM, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:

> Interesting, but certainly too complicated for me to follow. Especially
> with the new "spot pricing" model. I tried the calculator, but I wasn't
> quite sure that I had all the right sort of ducks lined up in a row to
> get a representative total.

Rackspace Cloud says their cloud pricing is comparable with Amazon
without all the complicated pricing breakup. I would suppose a 2 GB
Lunix instance should cost in the neighbourhood of USD 100 with Amazon's
Singapore servers. Rackspace cloud has been an amazing experience so
far, as has Amazon. Why look for others? :-)

Net4 is bad, awful, horrible etc. Netigritty servers are not located
here in India. Co-location in India costs about 20k per U plus cost of
bandwidth. I know someone in a SEZ kind of setup in Coimbatore. If you
PM me with your requirements, I can check with them if they are
interested in hosting.

--Venkat