On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Kiran Jonnalagadda <j...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Is the Desire Z's downgrade to 800 MHz a problem?

Not a problem for someone coming from a G1. :)

> How's the battery life?

Meh. It's ok, if you're not using the phone much, but something like
turn-by-turn voice navigation will use it up quite quickly. I
recommend a car charger. There is an extra capacity battery available
from dealextreme, but it looks butt-ugly. I am torn.

Bottom line, I love the screen, I tolerate the kbd (it's a three row
kbd with numbers mapped onto the letters using an "Alt" key), I like
the 2gb of memory + 8gb micro flash (I don't listen to music or watch
videos on the phone, and that much space is plenty for all the books I
want.)

Rooting it and SIM unlocking it were trivial. (For anyone geeky enough
to install the android developers SDK, and even for most people
willing to just carefully follow written instructions.)

-- Charles