On 18-05-2011 12:20, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:
> At 2011-05-18 11:58:09 +0530, li...@aadisht.net wrote:
>>
>> I'm in Thiruvannamalai, not Coimbatore, but the IEX is of no use when
>> the electricity board cuts the grid itself off.
>
> Why do they do that?

Peak hour pricing runs from 6 pm to 10 pm. Then, it may or may not be
cheaper to buy from IEX.
But there is also a 3 pm to 6 pm powercut daily in which the
distribution line itself is shut down for load shedding. Then, you can't
get power from IEX unless you build your own transmission line up to the
national grid - this is completely unaffordable (for us, at the moment).
I'm guessing that in Hosur/ Coimbatore, there are enough industrial
units to either pool together and build a co-owned transmission line; or
to exert enough political influence to get it built for them.

--
Regards,

Aadisht
Email for lists: li...@aadisht.net