On 1 July 2011 23:11, Andre Manoel <an...@corp.insite.com.br> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Deepa Mohan <mohande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Seems to me as if G+ is just a whole lot of work adding the same family,
> > acquaintances and friends to yet another network and keeping up with
> > them...can someone tell me what the unique benefits are? Frankly, I took
> it
> > on just because it is a Google product, and I am, in general, a GGF
> (Great
> > Google Fan)

Here are a few things I like:
* Clean and simple. I have always hated the cluttered FB interface with tiny
fonts. G+ fonts are much more readable.
* Notifications - absolutely lovely. I like that I can reply right there on
the top bar. With the Chrome extension, it's even better.
* I liked the Buzz way of sharing, and G+ brings this to twitter. Perfect.
* Hangout. hangout. hangout. :)

Things I dislike:
* Photos page. absolutely awful UI. feels like Picasa in an iFrame. somebody
at Google please ask them to redesign it.

Things I'd like to see:
* By default the stream should open with a circle of my choice
* Cross-posting to twitter (until everyone from twitter moves here)
* Integrate feeds from flickr.
* Highlight circles on the sidebar that have an updated stream content (much
like auto-archive + labels in gmail)

~ashwin