On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 10:14 PM, ss <cybers...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 14 Nov 2011 4:40:51 pm Eugen Leitl wrote:
>> DIY meaning starting completely from scratch, with the green plant.
>>
> Green plant? Why use tobacco?

LOL!

I've always thought of pot as fairly harmless (though I may be wrong
-- facts welcome), but I'm in two minds about whether it should be
legalized. On the one hand, I don't see why alcohol and tobacco are
any different from pot -- they can be addictive and they have long
term consequences to ones health if consumed in excess. And why should
the government interfere with an individual's right to choose what he
does to himself.

On the other hand, why stop at weed? Why not e? crack? heroin? Or
should we just ban tobacco and alcohol too? Perhaps messing with the
status quo is a bad idea -- a move in either direction seems to have
more pros than cons...

-- b