> > Strange world.
> >
> > shiv
> >
> A few years ago I was in California on business. My wife was in the
> hospital in Massachusetts, two of my three (adult) children were very
> seriously ill, and I had a million other worries, personal and
> financial. It was in this context that I found one morning that my
bank
> balance was zero and that I had been frozen out of the account.

There's an anecdote in Whoops! Why Everyone Owes Everyone and No One Can
Pay [1] where an Icelandic student in the UK was unable to access her
Icelandic bank account for three weeks at the onset of the financial
crisis in 2008.  This was due to her government freezing the outflow of
cash from Iceland.

Possibly the invention of some of the more esoteric financial
instruments of the past ten years surely have to be amongst the *worst*
human inventions.

Keith

[1]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/7157126/Whoops-Why-Everyone-Owes-Ever
yone-and-NoOne-Can-Pay-by-John-Lanchester-review.html

This email was scanned by BitDefender.