Hah.  Notice I didn't take much more than share prices and dates from his book.
 I had it handy and it was easier to get from there

------Original Message------
From: Sirtaj Singh Kang
Sender: silklist-bounces+suresh=hserus....@lists.hserus.net
To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
ReplyTo: silklist@lists.hserus.net
Subject: Re: [silk] aqvavit
Sent: Feb 23, 2012 19:43

On 2/23/2012 6:38 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> .... so on and forth till 1857 when an enron like crash took place.

No mention of Dalhousie? It was his wars, reforms and attempts to
Empirify (Empirificate? Empiricise?) India that sucked the Company dry,
turned India into a cost center for the Crown, and almost directly led
to the revolt in the first place. Of course, opinions on this are still
somewhat divided, but...

> Those figures are from Niall Ferguson's excellent book "Empire, How
> britain
> made the modern world", by the way ..

... we can always rely on Niall Ferguson to come down firmly on the side
of the Empire. I don't think there's a more dependable apologist alive
these days.

-Taj.

--
srs (blackberry)