Well .. you're describing "sort of" what happened in India in your first
paragraph.

You didn't quite get my point - the Napoleonic wars were a later instance of
the same thing you mention - a rebellion against spain.

That rebellion by Pizzarro failed.  Mainly because most of his supporters
ditched him, he was leading one single band of people, backed by a few other
like minded feudal landlord types, most of whom deserted him when it came to
actually facing a much larger army of king's troops in the field and being
proclaimed rebels etc.  Moreover, Spain controlled the seas in that region, and
had several colonies in what was largely jungle with some small settlements,
predominantly militarized (or at least feudal) rather than civilian
governments, it could choke off the army of rebels and field troops from
surrounding colonies at a much faster pace than one smalltime rebel, even a
Pizzarro, could cope with.

The o'higgins rebellion was mostly in a more sophisticated and self sufficient
society - a Spanish colony with a thriving though certainly white dominated,
local economy (muzo emeralds, rubber, chocolate ..), people who were several
generations away from Spain in some cases, though of Spanish ancestry, a
largely weakened spain rather than the paramount power in Europe it was in the
Pizzarro days ..

In other words, that's not 100% about education, or some heroic Indian uprising
against oppressive Spanish masters. No Toussaint l'overture, rani of Jhansi etc
type stuff here.