On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Charles Haynes <hay...@edgeplay.org> wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2012 3:19 PM, "Deepa Mohan" <mohande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I've tasted Kopi Luwak, and though there IS a distinctive smooth
>> taste, I can't understand why it's worth the price...
>
> It's not. Almost all kopi luwak is fake. The small amount that is not comes
> from caged civets force fed low quality coffee cherries. In contrast to the
> original which were from the droppings of wild civets free to choose high
> quality ripe coffee cherries.
>
> Kopi Luwak is a scam.

Well, I tasted Civet-processed coffee beans, roasted and ground,  from
a friend's estate  in Coorg, and that's Kopi Luwak, too, apparently. I
feel that most high-priced things are a scam...but it's a different
point of view....a person who buys a Lamborghini would never agree
with a person who takes a bus.