Not sure if that is a question or a statement, but sudo apt-get install
thunderbird enigmail.

<dons gpg pontification hat>
Thunderbird's developed by Mozilla, alongside firefox, although not as
frequently. Enigmail is a openpgp plugin that ties into the
authentication/encryption software that ubuntu uses by default. It's
added to the menu bar at the top and used to do the same for email, by
signing/encrypting outgoing messages, and verifying messages signed by
the same protocol. An example of what that process looks like can be
found on this email :). Then just go to openpgp at the top, and go to
setup wizard. I'd be happy to answer any questions/help.

If you'd rather not go the enigmail route, thunderbird is still an
excellent client.

Thunderbird downloaded. This mail is being sent using Thunderbird. Still no <
sign. Thanks for such a lengthy explanation Landon (greek and latin much of it,
but still :))

I think I unleashed another round of conversations around top-posting :/

You will need an email client that indents ">" previous responses

And what if one's a bit tech challenged to get an e-mail client? I use
Ubuntu and don't particularly like Evolution.
Not sure if that is a question or a statement, but sudo apt-get install
thunderbird enigmail.

<dons gpg pontification hat>
Thunderbird's developed by Mozilla, alongside firefox, although not as
frequently. Enigmail is a openpgp plugin that ties into the
authentication/encryption software that ubuntu uses by default. It's
added to the menu bar at the top and used to do the same for email, by
signing/encrypting outgoing messages, and verifying messages signed by
the same protocol. An example of what that process looks like can be
found on this email :). Then just go to openpgp at the top, and go to
setup wizard. I'd be happy to answer any questions/help.

If you'd rather not go the enigmail route, thunderbird is still an
excellent client.

landon

Dear All,

Glad to be a part of the list. Our Udhay has imposed an intro giving
rite
of passage on me... so here we go...
so readers get a logical flow.
Welcome to the madhouse. :)