On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Much more, including the full spreadsheet with all 21 'weirdness
> features' for all the languages, at the URL below.
>
> Also, it amuses me that this list says the most 'normal' language is
> Hindi. :-)

It depresses me a little to say this, but market share matters more
than features in the end. The way we are headed in a hundred years or
less we will all speak the same language out of practicality for the
most part.

It won't be the most technically efficient language, but the one
geopolitics elects as the winner. English and Mandarin are the only
two real contestants in this world view, and their present hegemony is
thanks mainly to a violent imperial past, and has nothing to do with
technical brilliance.