As a sideways punt on the topic, has anyone noticed how quickly Google Play
Books has become a real contender to Kindle?

Books here are almost always cheaper (often 50% or more) than on Amazon
Kindle, and the Google magazine newsstand has begun to rock.

Have spent more money there in the last couple of months than on Kindle.