On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 1:12 AM, Bruce A. Metcalf <bruce.metc...@figzu.com>
wrote:

I'm curious to know how the list feels about the junction of fiction and
> history. Your thoughts?

​There are two kinds of fiction (I know of) that play with this junction,
from opposite ends: The Roman à clef​ [1] and the secret history [1]. While
the former is a fictionalised account of actual events, the latter is more
interesting to me, being a fiction presented as reality which was until now
hidden from the public.

I am especially fond of Tim Powers' novels, all of them being in some sense
secret histories. In this context, I especially recommend _Declare_ [3].

Udhay

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_%C3%A0_clef
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_history
​[3] http://www.amazon.com/dp/0062221388​