What did I miss? The list got trolled? :-p

----- Original message -----
From: Shiv Sastry <cybers...@gmail.com>
To: "silklist@lists.hserus.net" <silklist@lists.hserus.net>
Subject: Re: [silk] [ADMIN] noise reduction
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 08:28:33 +0530

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<sur...@hserus.net>
wrote:

> > On 12-Sep-2015, at 10:04 AM, gabin kattukaran <gkattuka...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 11 September 2015 at 21:53, Sriram Karra <karra....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I fully expect to be informed soon that someone, say Shiv, ran a social
> >> experiment on the list and to expect the results soon.
> >>

> > Would that be meta metta?
>
> And someone dropping in on shiv when he was running such an experiment
> would have met a meta metta
>
> Though - Udhay and my inclination is that this isn’t shiv.
>
> —srs

It isn't shiv.

But Bonilla was hilarious in his ability to say things that were bound
piss off silklisters. It was definitely a social experiment and the
results
are there for anyone who wants to see it. But it did not need an
experiment
to show up the results. Truth exists independent of the observer.

I don't know what metta means. But the video link was MS singing about
"Maithreem" Maitri is friendship, as mitra is "friend" -  cognate of
"ami"
(meaning "friend") . Many Buddhist texts are in Pali and words like
"dharma" in Sanskrit become "dhamma". It is possible that Mitra became
Metta. I don't know for sure.

shiv