On Thu, 31 Dec 2015, 3:32 PM Dave Long <dave.l...@bluewin.ch> wrote:

> A while ago, I ran into a russian flick (billing itself as the first
> "karaoke comedy") which was being advertised by gathering villagers
> to sing the hit songs included in the production:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raE2iLMPbaQ
> Judging from the following poster, they're clearly paying homage to
> Bollywood:
> http://cs7011.vk.me/v7011244/13612/Uc31a97yuxk.jpg

FWIW, the Hindi text on the poster is legit. Though they seem to have used
some software that doesn't support indic Unicode very well.

> (no points for guessing who is the item girl and who the heroine)

Let me guess. Olga is the item girl and Julia is the bride to bring home to
mama?

> Any silklisters know if there has actually been a .in release, or was
> this meant as a fun poster for .ru?
> (I'm guessing the latter, as the main text is still cyrillic)

Like Suresh said, there is a long tradition of cultural exchange between
Russia and India. While the art house film exchange has been bidirectional,
in popular cinema the flow has been from India to Russia. I cannot think of
a single popular Russian film that was big in India.

Thaths