Listed in order of personal favourites and book-gifts that ALWAYS work:
1. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski (This is not a book. This is an
experience.)
2. The Little Prince by antoine de saint exupery
4. The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (The hardcover edition)
5. Asterios Polyp / Bone / Adi Parva / Maus / Palestine
6. If On A Winter's Night A Traveler... By Italo Calvino
7. Cosmiconomics, also by Italo Calvino

Cheers!

(Sorry for not replying below the line or whatever that is. I got too
excited.)

Karen.