The other day I was thinking of whether there was such a thing as a "road
movie" in Indian cinema. After just a few minutes I could list a handful of
Indian films that could be considered road movies:

Madras to Pondicherry (Tamil)
Bombay to Goa
Chennai Express

All these films were road trips on a mass transit system. I wondered if
there were films where the protagonist(s) traveled more independently. I
didn't have to think long to come up with:

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Swades

to add to the list.

This got me thinking about two things:

1. What is an exemplar Indian movie for each genre? Wikipedia, helpfully,
has a list of genres <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Film_genres>.

2. Are there genres where we have not had an Indian film made? For
localized genres (such as Mexican sex comedy, Yakuza, Blaxploitation,
etc.), what the closest Indian genre?

Let me get things rolling with the following:

Spaghetti Western: Sholay
Black comedy: Jaane bhi do yaaro

What are other exemplars in Indian cinema of various genre? Are there genre
('Space opera', for example) where you can't think of a single Indian movie?

Thaths