Paul Berg received the Nobel Prize in 1980 for his pioneering work on
recombinant DNA — his lab did some of the first experiments inserting a gene
from one life form (a virus) into another (a bacterium).

I interviewed him by skype last April; the interview is now live on youtube:

https://youtu.be/QKtzeEO9fMY

Apologies if this is too self-promoting, but I thought it was general-interest
enough to share. Dr. Berg is getting up in years but is still sharp as a tack
and had lots of interesting things to say about the past, present and future of
genetic engineering.

jrs