... where they make popcorn by putting four phones together and calling them at the same time, and bingo, pops the corn ...

Have you ever tried to reproduce this stunt?

-Dave

(The IR on my wife's phone is sensitive enough to spot relatively small differences in temperature, such as those indicating where people have been sitting, or which books they have handled recently. If one of you all attempts some corn popping [6-phone corn popping even], I'll see if it can resolve any temperature difference between a phone which has or has not been called)