Hi Bruce,

First of all....I don't know you, and may not recognize you if I see you in
person. But I have followed you on this list.  The email you've written is
sad in tone, and I'd just like to offer an unconditional hug for the way
things are with you right now. There is no self-pity in facing the fact
that life can be very hard while battling depression and caring for another
ill person at the same time.

Second...I am not really sure if one needs to get out of one's bubble. What
satisifies me, without hurting anyone else is, to me, a good way of living
life. I have, indeed, decided to filter out some things...for example, I
was trying all genres of music, until I decided that I would stick with
what I like, and not try to like what gave me discomfort.

We each have only one life...and to some extent, we like to have our
thoughts shaped, and honed, by other points of view. But how far, and how
long, we want to go is up to us.

As Anno Domini and ill health catch up, I think one may  want to keep the
bubble intact!

And since I already belong "in the bubble"...I really can't offer the name
of anyone outside it.  To me ,too, at 63, it's increasingly exhausting to
try and get past prejudice, pre-conception and personal attacks to get at a
different point of view. I am aware that I, too, probably have all these
quirks and set-in-cement views. I do try to hear the other voices...but am
not always successful.

Can you hear the creak of old bones in what I've written? I do! The only
point where I tend to diverge from other opinions here seems to be that I
feel I must listen to "stupid" and "intotlerant" views as they seem to be
gaining ground, and if they are, there are enough people thinking that way,
that it matters. However...listening is one thing, and understanding is
quite another.

Deepa.