On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 7:54 AM Heather Madrone <heat...@madrone.com> wrote:

Early computing geniuses would grind their teeth in frustration to see
> all the ways we waste the computing power we carry around with us.

Yeah. Isn't it awesome? :)

Measured purely on clock speed and RAM, my current cellphone (2017 model)
has better specs than my last laptop (2012 model).

My own solution is to use my 27" iMac or at least an iPad to send and
> receive messages whenever practicable.

Me too, including things that were originally intended for the phone, like
Whatsapp/SMS.

> I still need to be mindful of the
> fact that the people on the other side are probably just using their
> phones.

Good point. As a former boss put it, "You are not your user. Put yourself
in their shoes."

Udhay