> There's some evidence for the former due to a few random population
> sampling exercise

The random population sampling exercises I've seen say that *MAYBE* there are a
small fraction of people who have had it: say 3% of the population.  (plus
minus, but call it more than 1% and less than 10%)

I find that most likely, but hope it isn't true, as that number would be too
large for containment to be applicable, and too small for hopes for herd
immunity (without a vaccination program, which would require a vaccine) to be
anything but wishful thinking.

-Dave

In Switzerland we've actually been testing, and counting, dead (as well as
symptomatic) people.  And we have enough of them: currently ~200/million in my
region.

We have also had random population antibody tests ongoing (designed for six
weeks, running for four), but as I understand it, they're waiting for the
results of the studies on the accuracy of the antibody tests themselves before
they're going to publish anything.

Srijith, we're planning to reopen primary schools 11 May (only if the first
reopening step on 27 April goes well).  As I understand it, that decision was
based on (a) looking at sweden, where they don't test enough and have a (for a
nordic country*) lousy death curve, but have kept schools open (providing a
useful pediatric control), and (b) our own experiences, that most children have
been infected by their parents rather than by each other.  In any case, we'll
have a few weeks to see what happens to *other* country's children before we
experiment with our own.

(sorry if I'm behind; I'm on digest. do we have archives anywhere now?)