Mostly I try to be a satisficer and "buy nothing new/less waste" kind of
guy, but there are a couple of exceptions.

Broadly speaking I'm willing to pay premium prices for food, in particular
cooking supplies. Example we recently sought out "Great Ocean Road" ducks
that are relatively hard to find in Melbourne - but worth it. One duck
(whole, raw) cost as much as a nice dinner out. I'm currently looking for
salted anchovies, in the mean time I'm paying $10/tin for good quality
(Ortiz) packed in oil. I buy fresh locally produced unfiltered olive oil. I
seek out high quality whole spices. On the other hand, I use a $20 santoku
from IKEA (but I keep it sharp!)

The other thing I am willing to pay a premium for is internet speed and
bandwidth. I have an uncapped 1GB fibre connection at home, and Google Fi
on my phone (that's less about speed/bandwidth than no hassle mobile data
no matter where I travel [well, except for Cuba, boy was that an
interesting experience])

— Charles