Dear silver list members,

Many of you that are on the list today probably weren't around last
January when I took over. So I think I ought to let you know how I
came to be in this position and what I'm trying to accomplish.

I joined the list almost 2 years ago, looking for people who could
answer my questions about this CS stuff I'd read about on usenet and
web sites. I was hoping there'd be somewhere I could find decent data
to back up the many claims. Of course, there wasn't!

But I did make the acquaintance of a number of you who have had
positive results that can't be explained away. Some simple
calculations told me that I probably would not turn grey from the
total quantities of silver involved, not even taking into account
that most if not all of the silver is supposed to be excreted. So I
figured it was worth trying.

I've ended my problems with recurrent bronchitis and scaled back my
sinus problems since using CS. I've had friends and relatives try it
with some success, including a diabetic who has cleared up his
chronic bladder infections.

My personal opinion, at this point, is that CS is effective, at least
for some things, and *seems* safe. But when I'm talking to people I
always mention the possibilities of herxheimer reactions, allergic
reactions to silver, and the widespread fears over argyria. I want
them to be informed and make up their own minds.

I became the list owner and maintainer after conflicts on the list
caused Gary Hawkins, it's originator, to decide to shut it down
rather than cope with the hassles. Several of us beseeched him to
help us keep the list going, and I sort of ended up being the one who
didn't run away fast enough. <grin>

I've attempted since then to keep the list a protected place where
interested folks can carry on their study and research free from
attacks by debunkers and a barrage of marketing hype and spam.

I read every post that comes through and contribute where I think I
can help. I try to instill a sense of tolerance, since there are many
good ways to make and use CS, with different attributes and drawbacks
for each method. And we've learned the hard way to stay away from
certain topics, like politics and religion.

Another hot button issue is the traditional medicine bashing that
emerges whenever someone gets too officious in defending the
medical establishment. We've got many folks who are refugees of
traditional (mis)treatment and have been sorely hurt, while on the
other hand we've got newcomers who are just starting to ask questions
and would write us off as kooks if we come on too strong.

I try to get the traditional and alternative types to at least leave
each other alone, and hopefully to give the other credit where it is
due. This is kinda hard to achieve sometimes! <grin>

I work hard not to become list-tyrant. I'm sure I talk (type) too
much sometimes. If we happen to disagree on something, don't be
afraid to debate me. I'm not God! I just ask that each of you allow
the *rest* of us to make up our own minds and not to be offended if
others choose to disagree with you.

Finally, I have a technical background and have participated in
"real" scientific research. I can handle the jargon and recognize
most bullsh*t when I see it. I'll be the first one to tell you that
nearly all we've got to go on is anecdotal evidence.

One of my hopes is that we'll be able to foster some of the research
that needs to be done, here, on this list. In the meantime, I'd like
your help separating the fact from speculation from opinion from hype
from disinformation that surrounds CS.

And I appreciate all the warmth and support we've given each other
along the way. It's been a challenge and a pleasure to work with you
all this past year, and I look forward to the progress we'll make in
the future.

Be well,

Mike D.

[mdev...@mail.id.net                       ]
[Speaking only for myself...              ]