Vern wrote:

> I questioned some of the "more is better" thinking and got a few

Sorry to hear that, Vern. With the ignorance we all suffer from on
this subject there is little grounds for "questioning" anyone's
intelligence! <grin>

> The funny thing is that the literature that came with the unit I
> have states that when the the concentration gets above 5-6 ppm, the
> particles begin to clump together.  It makes sense to me and in
> fact I have had super results with my little 5-6 ppm solution.

This is why I've been hoping to get a chance to do some electron
microscopy and/or optical spectroscopy to get a handle on particle
size distribution. I'd expect that as the conductivity and current
increase, the particle size would change. If clumping occurs, you
should certainly see some indication in the spectra.

We'll never *know* this stuff until we learn how to measure it. In
the meantime, thanks for the anecdotal results.

Mike

[mdev...@mail.id.net                       ]
[Speaking only for myself...              ]