I don't mind telling you all, this one scares the hell out of me. One of
the single most dangerous Big Brother acts on the books.  From what I've
heard about this, the basic plan is for a centralized database
containing everyones' health history and every doctor will be required
to report every patient-visit to it. Even if I go to a doc and pay cash
they will still be required to report it. What ever happened to doctor
patient confidentiality. I may not want anyone other than my doctor to
know that I have cooties or whatever. Isn't that my right. Apparently
not! What's going to happen if you refuse to provide your "Medical Id"
to the doctor. Will he have to refuse you treatment?  Please somebody
convince me that I'm wrong about this thing.

Fear and Loathing in the Land of the Free.

Doug.