I heard that it is the lac of vitamins (e.g. Folic Acid) that causes cholesterol
buildup.  Adding this to your diet helps cut down heart attacks by 50%.
Ty to get a whole food supplement (e.g. dried or fresh juices of
herbs, fruits, vegetables, grains, etc.); or go to Lorraine's site:

http://www.drday.com/

and buy her video and her product (barley greens and algae, etc.) to get
you started.  Her 85-year-old mom got off medical drugs of about 35 years'
duration after she started the diet.

:)  Joyce