>>if you still can't get the info off your disk-(having had this problem a
>>number of times) try to slide the case cover and revolve the center hub
>>slightly, see if it works, try a number of times-
<snip>
[[[[[[[Thanks, Pat.  I just tried it, and noticed that the disk seems to
hang up after a partial rotation.  Is that the way it's supposed to act?.
I'd like to correct this without a disk doctor type of hassle.
By the way, several years ago I had the FAT on a older hard drive go bad.
PC Doctor took care of it very nicely, then it went again.  This time I
tried Norton, and it wouldn't do anything.  PC Doctor was considered at
that time to be hot stuff, and the price was the same.
Thanks to all for the bailout.
  I'm trying the extra parentheses to set off my response.  Just subscribed
to a list which advised me to not reply in all caps-it's bad form,
impolite, jolly bad show and all that.  Apologies to all out there.]]]]