Dear List;

I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on the noble efforts
to get CS tested here. BUT, I think it would be misguided to
think that it may somehow make CS mainstream if that is our
intention. If it is for
your own personal knowledge and all of that, that is fine.
Now that I have upset everyone, I had the misforture to
pay the Quackwatch web site a close inspection. It is truely
SCAREY. They got the laws on their side and are pushing for
more and they aren't afraid to use them. Not only do they go
after individuals, the writing is on the wall for many companies,
some of which I do busness and have been satisfied with. I
would not be surprised that these people may attempt to take
some sort of action on some of the alternative newsgroups.
I don't know if writing them would help or really make things
worse. Right now, I think the latter. It appears that ONE of
their motives is money for themselves.
I sure hope everyone takes some time to VISIT their lovely
site. I can tell you up front that WHATEVER you are doing is
WRONG and they encourage YOU to take action against the companies
that have hoodwinked you into buying  their products. In California,
the INDIDIVUAL consumer, has the SAME power as the Attorrny General.
Weather I am being overly concerned or not, I certainly am
IMPRESSED!

Here is one example. I hope that everyone realizes that there is
the other side of the coin on anything. This is not the main page,
but it will take you there. bjs

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/donsbach.html