Bill Kingsbury,

thankyou for that great castor oil posting. Sure food for thought and a
wonderful addition to CS and "taking back one's power".

Years ago when my daughter was just a newbie infant, her mother's milk
was embarassingly too abundant. We consulted a naturopath, who
recommended rubbing castor oil into the nursing mother's back - to
reduce the flow.

We were a little impatient and after a day or two we again rubbed in
more castor oil for the second time. As if the tap had been turned off -
the milk flow was reduced. In fact, her milk became inadequate after two
weeks and we then began feeding our girl from the bottle. We should
really have gone back and attempted to reactivate the milk production
and flow. One is always the wiser after an event!!

Take care, Douglas Haack, Sydney Oz