Dan wrote:

> Please clip all but the important part of any message you are
> responding to if your email software permits editing of the message
> responded to. It is really a bore to have to scroll through 12 pages
> of "The silver-list is a moderated forum for discussion of colloidal
> silver." tagline to get one half page of original text discussion in
> the digest version of the list.  Thank you. 8-)

I believe there is a tactic for chopping out the taglines from all
the messages in the digest, and just appending one copy to the end.
But it's one of those arcane UNIX things, and not terribly high on my
list of priorities right now. Sorry! I would like to fine tune things
like that, so I'll keep it in mind.

In the meantime, some good advice for all of us. Whenever you're
replying to a message from the list, it is good etiquette to trim
out *everything* you can that isn't needed to establish context. Your
reply message is just a document that you can edit like any other.
You *can* remove stuff the other people wrote. Certainly delete
those nested taglines!

Thanks all!

Mike D.

[mdev...@mail.id.net                       ]
[Speaking only for myself...              ]