Just curious, but is there any difference in using rectified AC as
opposed to DC current in the making of CS?

My generator is based on Thomas Miller's design using a 24 Vac
transformer rectified to provide DC. Now, this as I understand it, would
supply the DC at what ever pulses the supply is (in Australia 50 Hz). So
what difference if any does the 50 per sec pulses of electricity do to
the production rather than a continuous consistent supply?

What's the best way to measure the conductivity of my water before and
after? I have used a digital mutimeter which didn't register anything
meaningful. And also an old old old multimeter I built myself years ago.
This gave me the following readings which I'm not confident of trusting.
I noticed different readings depending on how much of the probes I
immersed.

Tap water                     50k ohm
Filtered tap water         50 k ohm
My first CS batch         200k ohm        (unknown ppm and made using
the distilled water below)
bottled distilled water    unreadable

Is there a simple circuit I can construct to measure this?

Does anyone know of the best or simplest way to make distilled water on
the stove top? I remember some mention of a dual stage process to get
rid of the low volatile impurites first. Any ideas ?

Hopefully other people also benefit by my questions and any answers
given, hopefully I can eventually contribute once I get going fully.

Regards.......Frank