In a message dated 6/28/99 2:23:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
liz...@frontiernet.net writes:

<< Most of the "perks" doctors receive are not money but golf trips,
expensive gifts, freebies on lots of stuff compliments of the company that
manufactures the particular brand of poison being pushed that month.

 Liz

Someone in my family is the only nurse in a Dr. office.  She is constantly
tellng me about the great food delivered to the office and many times she
brings all sorts of things home the drug reps drop off.  I don't know what
they do for the doc but if they can't get past her they don't see him so it
is a never ending you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.  I will say in
his defense, that he is a fine person that sometimes goes along with us
strange
ones that will not use drugs.
edith