Kirsteen, For yrs I heard that Spirulina is a good veg protein and of course you can combine beans with rice to make a complete protein. I tried eating Quinoa and Amaranth grains with veggies.

This works for some, but people who do best on animal proteins do best on ANIMAL proteins.

By the way... there is nothing morally superior about a vegetarian diet.

The Japanese eat a lot of tofu with rice.

Contrary to popular myth, asians traditionally ate very little soy.

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/01history.htm

Most of the soy they ate was fermented, in the form of miso, but they certainly didn't eat it in PLACE of meat.

All soy today is genetically mofified crap. Just say no.

But they grew up on this diet and so it is the building blocks of
their body. In the US many of us grew up on meat and potatoes or
spaghetti and meatballs.

Growing up on something doesn't erase the hundreds of thousands of years that it took to create your metabolic type requirements.

People historically lived their entire lives within a hundred miles of where they were born, so their metabolisms adjusted - over thousands of years - to the local food supply that was available. Today, it is nothing to move to the other side of the world, so people are an assorted misture of types, thus the problem - finding what is right for you.

I tried everything except a total RAW veg diet, but continued to have low blood sugar, hypoglycemia, on a veg diet. Also I had to eat almost constantly to keep from having the hypoglycemia attacks. I didn't have good physical energy or endurance on a veg diet. Recently I reread the book Eat Right 4 Your Type and bought a blood test kit at a health food store. It says if you're a type O, then your best diet is meat. I would love to hear from someone about how to make a veg diet a truly high protein diet especially for type O blood. Jess

Ain't gonna happen. I don't see what the fuss is about. Plants are living creatures too, and they also have an awareness of sorts - again, there is nothing morally superior about limiting your diet to plant based foods.