In a message dated 5/6/2007 11:50:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
miss...@prodigy.net.mx writes:

----- Original Message -----
From: "sol" <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: CS>CS gel <other burn remedies>

> What else offers this healing for burns? Straight lavender essential oil,
> applied liberally to a burn will do the same thing--no evidence of burn
> the next day (or even in a couple hours) and it has the added benefit of
> stopping the pain almost immediately.  Depending on the severity of a
> burn, I've had the same results from lavender oil diluted in apricot oil.
> The only time it took a while to stop the pain was when I branded my thumb
> on the lid handle of a roaster fresh from a 400 degree oven. In that case
> it took about 20 -30 min to stop the pain. Had a tiny bit of tenderness
> from that one for a few days, and it took a while for the deep brand line
> to grow out.
> Lavender essential oil does the same trick for bites and bruises.
>
> sol
>
> Lisa Shepherd wrote:
>>  I also had an experience when frying chicken at home one time, the
>> grease, bubbling and very hot, splashed when a piece of chicken i was
>> turning slipped from the tongs i used to turn them with, this splashed
>> over my entire hand, even the tender backside, both cases i used bleach
>> immediatly, didnt kill the pain, but i had NO EVIDENCE of a burn the next
>> day, both cases would have scarred horribly had i not used bleach. I
>> witnessed what grease burns untended will do, i saw a woman come into the
>> emergency room once with severe grease burns, holding her hand, or the
>> remains of it, in a tub of water, white skin floating all around it, i
>> still remember hearing her screams in the waiting room, they scraped her
>> hand to remove the majority of the burn.

*****I guess I can believe this but it was the old bleach ..without
perfumes..right?
I have tried and tried but that no longer seems to be available...not in any
store I have looked.

One thing that I found helpful is honey.
For years I earned my living as a Housekeeper/Cook.
Lots of Burns come with that job:)...I must have just read about honey
healing burns because when I touched the hot oven rack with the skin of my
arm...it
burned badly..and I automatically reached for the honey and poured it over my
arm.
At first I thought I had made a bad decision because the pain became
worse..quite a bit worse.
But in a minute it began to subside and cooled and I never scarred from a
burn that really should have left a doozy.
Healed beautifully.   V.