For those who may find getting a large syringe difficult, you may try going to WalMart (or elsewhere) and purchasing an inkjet cartridge refill kit. Most of these have a 35 cc syringe in them with a blunted tip.

Marshall

Brooks Bradley wrote:

    Dear Wayne,
    As I am confident you are, already, aware that bacterial agents
    introduced deep into
    the tissue beds (especially via small diameter mechanisms) have a
    pronounced tendency to close rapidly....thus facilitating a
    dangerous anerobic environment. Nearly all penetrating wounds of
    the type you describe, are difficult to treat with direct contact
    drugs/treatments.....most especially if the insult is not kept
    open and draining.
    The fact that your relative's wound is draining is a very
    desirable condition. One protocol we have had success with....in
    our experimental researches (on both humans and horses), is based
    upon flushing with 3.5% H2O2, followed shortly (within minutes of
    the ending of the foaming action of the H2O2) by direct irrigation
    with 90%, by volume, of 20 ppm CS mixed with 10%, by volume, of
    full-strength DMSO. We determined the most effective methodology
    for introducing the DMSO X CS mixture, deeply, to be through the
    use of a conventional hypodermic syringe assembly, slightly
    modified by cutting the sharp tip of the needle off with quality
    side-cutting pliers. Inserting the sharpened end of a round
    toothpick in the needle end, before clipping....will produce a much
    better result----and also easier to dress down with fine
    sandpaper. It is a simple matter to insert the blunted needle as
    far as the puncture aperture will accomodate-----and slowly
    discharge the CS X DMSO mix into the insult. If the area is
    intensely populated with nerves, or the subject has a very low
    pain tolerance, adding about 1 cc of 2% Lidocaine, Procaine,
    etc.....for every 20 cc of CS X DMSO mixture, will allow the
    subject to endure the protocol much more easily. We have
    experienced very acceptable results, using this protocol,on
    volunteers presenting with deep penetrating wounds (sometimes over
    3" in depth)......many of which were of a type precluding proper
    cleaning and debris removal.
    Sincerely, Brooks.
    P.S. Best results presented from protocol repetitions every three
    hours (excepting night-time) for the first two days.