The advantage of topical CS/DMSO to herpes sores is that it gets the silver right to where the virus is active as well as deep into the nerve tissue where it hides. It is my impression that it is very difficult for oral CS to get to the site of an active sore, let alone make it into the nerves where it hides. This makes sense to me as with common everyday wounds topical CS is much more useful than oral CS. Particularly in the case of infected wounds. Sorry for not trimming my reply, but for some reason the email format you use will not allow trimming on my computer without messing up my cursor.
sol

Dee wrote:
Actually, I think the odd lumps which I have come up all over my face may indeed be shingles too, now I've read your post. Most people I know, the spots have developed into open sores really quickly, but I only have one like that, and this is a blister type thing, but the others are bumps which do itch and tingle and are painful. I did use DMSO and silver on them but probably didn't give enough time. I am drinking loads of silver though. Dee     --

<The calender of the Theocracy of Muntab counts down, not up. No-one knows why, but it might not be a good idea to hang around and find out.>

-- (Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)