It has taken me way too long to figure this out, and it is soooo easy.
Someone out there will benefit from this, so I'm posting it to several
groups.

I have two places on my upper gums, one on each side, where crowns trap food
that cannot be removed by flossing or brushing. That trapped food gives me
constantly recurring gum and sinus infections. I have long kept the problems
at bay by many means but found I could not totally stop it from recurring.
The first sign is tenderness and irritation around those teeth.

I long ago found that if nothing else worked, the applicaton of oil of
oregano and DMSO with a q-tip would work; but WHY did I have to keep
punishing myself with that?

I've had a WaterPik for years but despise messing with that thing. Too much
complication and too much cleanup. Nevertheless, I found out that regular
use of it washed out just a few little pieces of food from between the
offending teeth and that stopped the entire problem. It seemed like such an
effort for such a small amount of material after my normal twice daily
thorough flossings, but it worked, so I committed to doing it every day, at
least once a day.

Once I knew that it worked, I started trying to make it simpler. Here is the
answer: a Rubber Bulb Syringe, also known as an Ear Syringe, or a Nasal
Aspirator. I just fill it up with whatever liquid I choose by pouring the
liquid in a cup, squeeze the air out of the syringe, insert nozzle to the
bottom of the liquid, suck it full, then press the nozzle between teeth and
squeeze the bulb. It works every bit as good as the WaterPik without all the
mess and trouble.

Liquids may be any mouthwash one chooses (nothing but straight brown name
brand Listerine for me!), full strength or diluted hydrogen peroxide, CS, CS
& H2O2, CS & DMSO or whatever. I wouldn't leave any of them in the bulb for
too long, especially not DMSO.

When not in use, the bulb needs to drain upside down with the nozzle not
touching anything. I'm using a 3 ounce model that fits perfectly in the cup
hole of a wall mount tooth brush holder. It could also fit on top of a
narrow glass.

I suspect I should bleach this one at least monthly. You can't see inside of
them to see what's growing in there. The rubber won't last forever. I bought
a good quality one, but there are disposable models out there. I found that
3 ounces is a gracious plenty, and a 2 ounce syringe would probably work
just fine. Overstock.com has cases of 50- 2 ounce disposable ones right now.
I bet I could make each one last for 3 months at least.

I suspect one could even do this with a turkey baster.

Daddybob

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.