Is the calibration solution a "must have" for the proper readout on the PWT
meter?

  Pat

Ode Coyote <odecoy...@alltel.net> wrote:

That's what TDS meters are made for.
Metering CS is a mis-application, so the readout has to be approximately
doubled to get a ballpark idea of PPM in "silver water" as opposed to salt
and hard water.

An EC or conductivity meter is a far better meter for CS and can be read
straight up numbers in uS as PPM in "silver water".

Google:
Hanna HI 98308 "PWT" [pure water tester] or HM Digital COM-100

EC meters can sometimes be found on ebay.
For instance:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Digital-Conductivity-EC-Nutrient-Meter-us-cm-NEW_W0QQitemZ280123889307QQihZ018QQcategoryZ20766QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

EUR 19.99

ode