Oh, gross, but shows that CS does NOT kill multi-celled kritters. When I have used CS to retard souring of diary, I have noticed that the higher the fat content the less well the CS works, or stated another way, the more CS it takes to retard spoilage even for a lesser time period.
sol

Marshall Dudley wrote:
I tried this a few years ago. The one without CS went bad in a day or so. A month later the other CS still smelled sweet, but seemed to have some strange activity in it. I strained it, and found it was full of maggots!